I am thoroughly enjoying researching, making and eating foods that are filled with good ingredients that are filling and will fuel the fire for longer, rather than sugary snacks that will leave me hungry an hour after eating them. I went searching and found this recipe: Ellie Krieger Energy Bars – from Food Network.
I added some craisins and some coconut and they were deeee-lish-ous! And super-filling.
– They were lovely with a cup of peppermint tea –
– You can see they were quite dense, so you only needed to eat a small square –
Do you have any snacks that are tasty and filling?
I love porridge. I also love a filling breakfast. And even more than both of these two things, I love a quick breakfast.
I kept seeing #OIAJ tags, so I had to google it and with some further research I discovered that I would like to make these, ‘Alison-style’.
These are a great idea as we (in Australia) head into a Summer, I’ll be making them a lot!!!
And lovely with a up of tea…
Have you made #OIAJ?
Three things I’m loving this week are…
1. Making heaps of smoothie combinations – so yummy and so healthy!
2. Getting to the gym regularly again- am LOVING my new gym and its crèche!
3. Holidays – need I say more??
What three things are you loving this week?
Are these a yay or a nay for you? I can’t decide. I’m leaning towards a yay.
Which is your favourite (if any)?
After I’d finished work, and before Little Mr Mr arrived into the world, I did a one-day cake decorating class at the very amazing Decorative Sweets. It was such a fun day and I learnt SO MUCH about cake decorating that I have spent the last few months since, jumping at every opportunity to make a cake. One of my first ones was for Mum’s birthday. She is not too far off a very special birthday, and so I thought I’d practice for the big one next year.
– My first cake…made at the class –
I wanted to impress and set about some online research when I came across a fab blogger, Bronnie Bakes, who uses videos to demonstrate her awesome cake making techniques. I pretty much used her website to come up with a caramel mud cake, layered with Italian Meringue Buttercream, in both vanilla and caramel. It was then covered in a layer of white chocolate ganache and finally, a thin layer of fondant and decorated with stars and hearts. It really was a first attempt at layering and rolling fondant, but I am really happy with the result.
– THE cake –
– First slice taken out….the reaction was a perfect ‘woah!’ –
– There were too many layers and it was a bit TOO much cake for most of us –
– MASSIVE –
– SInging Happy Birthday –
– Blowing out the candles –
Happy Birthday Mumma – watch out for next year’s cake…I’ve got to top this one!
Have you ever had a beautiful-looking cake, that also tasted superb?
So i’m officially in love with my own discovery of using frozen bananas in smoothies. I’m certain many people have been doing this for yonks, but I just discovered it and I am totally fab because of it – yes, I’ll keep telling myself so too!
- 1 Frozen banana (I have a zip lock bag of peeled bananas in the freezer ready to go….I buy them in bulk when they’re nice and cheap).
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1/2 cup milk/almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 scoops sculpt protein powder (vanilla)
- 1 tbs cacao
- ice blocks
I chop up the banana so it’s easier to blend, then get my stick mixer out and blend away. The frozen banana really makes it an ice-creamy consistency -YUM! Such a good, filling, sweet-kick for an afternoon snack.
– Some days I omit the cacao…depends on whether I need a little choccy hit! –
– coldy goodness –
– YUM! –
Have you used frozen bananas before?
I love anything floral. Perhaps it’s the old lady in me? I’ve seen so many beautiful floral blouses around that catch my eye. Big LOVE.
– Big W Avella Burnout tee with floral print $14.98 –
Do you love a floral blouse? Yay or Nay?