Once again, not technically a bake item, but yummy and healthy, so it’s ok. It’s also more of a winter meal, but who says you can’t eat it in the Summer?
– Veggie soup with risoni pasta –
I visited a cafe a few week’s ago and happily ordered the vegetable soup with Risoni. I was delighted when it came out and it tasted oh so yummy. I was then inspired to make my own and have since made it twice. Here’s how I did it.
Vegetable Soup with Risoni
4 pieces of bacon
2 sticks of celery
handful of green beans
tin of chopped tomatoes
4 cups of beef stock (I use the one already made up, in packet, as it has a far superior flavour)
2 potatoes – cut into small cubes
1/2 cup risoni pasta
Salt and pepper (to taste right at end)
Shaved parmesan & bread – to serve.
– Frying off onion, then bacon, celery and carrot to start –
– Chop bacon into tiny pieces –
– Cut veggies into manageable-sized pieces –
I wanted to make all the veggies very fine in texture, except for the potato, which I cut this into small cubes and added near the end.
– My super mini-blender that I LOVE –
– Then all veggies, stock and tinned tomatoes go into the pot, and simmer for half an hour –
The small cubes of potatoes were added ten minutes before the risoni pasta, which was added ten minutes before serving. I added fresh chopped parsley right at the end, and salt and pepper to taste.
– Shaved parmesan to bring the flavours up to the next level –
Do you make veggie soup in the Summer? Do you have certain ingredients you ALWAYS put into a veggie soup?