Here is a beautiful, yummy, delicious recipe that I was lucky to receive from my beautiful yummy-mummy friend, Karen. I have made this recipe so many times that I actually think I could almost do it without the recipe – I still get my folder out every time though, just in case. I would like to thank my label maker.
And now for the recipe…
185g butter (room temperature)
3/4 cup raw sugar
3/4 cup golden syrup (warmed)
2 cups plain flour
1 tbs ground ginger
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp bicarb soda
3/4 cup milk
1. Beat butter & sugar until creamed.
2. Add warmed golden syrup, slowly. Beat well.
3. Beat in egg.
4. Sift in flour, ginger and cinnamon.
5. Dissolve bicarb into milk, and add to mixture. Stir well.
6. Pur into greased, lined bread tin (I used a cake tin this time as all my bread tins are in storage – silly move by me!)
7. Bake in a 160-170 degree oven (my oven is fan-forced) for around 45-50 mins.
8. Eat (We often smear a little butter onto it too – it is bread after all!!)
So, I highly recommend this to try out – it’s a real winner! Thank you to Karen for allowing me to share this with you all. If you try it, I would love to hear about it.
Do you like ginger? In sweet things? Do you have a never-fail, crowd pleasing cake recipe?